Certificate Course on Patent Drafting Practices
Course Conducted by
Tarun Khurana, Partner & Patent Attorney (K&K)
Khurana & Khurana and IIPRD have put together a water-tight Core Course on Patent Drafting Practices, which would help very comprehensively, and only through real-life examples, focus on how Patent Applications are to be drafted/prepared, including but not limited to:
- Help Understand How Claim Drafting is to be approached to ensure the Broadest Possible Claims
- Help Understand how Specification Drafting is to be approached, and how various Sections of a Patent Specification are to be drafted
- Help Understand how defenses that can be used later during Patent Prosecution can be incorporated in the Specification beforehand itself
- Help Understand how Invention Disclosure Documents/Forms (IDFs) are to be interpreted so as to give the right value to the Inventors/Applicants
- Help Understand how Inventor Disclosure Meetings are to be Conducted, and how maximum value can be extracted therefrom without bothering the Inventors
- Help Understand what key pointers in a Patent Specification are indicative of strength of a Patent Application, and how such pointers to be tackled first to ensure good reviews for the specification
- Help Understand how to ensure that there is enough support and enablement in the patent specification/application
- Help understand how to gain confidence of the Inventors and remain confident to put forth the mindset with which the application was drafted/claims were prepared.
- Lastly, we would also be arranging a virtual session once in a quarter, with one of the senior subject matter expert to discuss the queries of the enrolled students.
The Course is not only intended for Professionals who are preparing for the upcoming Patent Agent Examination (PAE), but also equally critical for Colleagues that are already working in the Patent Domain but either dont focus on Patent Drafting at all, or wish to upgrade their skill in how strong and enforceable Patent Specifications can be drafted/prepared in minimum time duration.
Mr. Tarun Khurana
Tarun has over 18 years of experience in a broad range of Intellectual Property (IP) subject matters, and is the Co-Founding Partner and Patent Attorney of Khurana & Khurana (K&K) and of its Patent Research and IP Asset Management Firm, IIPRD, both of which are among the Leading IP and Commercial/Corporate Law Practices with 10 Offices in India, and over 180 Professionals. The firms also have regional offices in US, Vietnam, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, and Nepal. Tarun focuses on Patent Preparation, Prosecution and Litigation Opinions for Computer Implemented, Telecommunication, Electronics, and Mechanical subject matters. His education includes Bachelors in Computer Science from Pune University, Masters in Software Systems from BITS Pilani, Bachelors of Law from CCS University, an MBA from the prestigious IIM Lucknow, and is in pursuit of a PhD…. Read More