Introduction Global licensing of patents has become a major aggregator in pushing growth of technology…
Microsoft Corp. and Trugrid (N.E. Desktop Software, Inc.) have entered into a licensing agreement to enable access to Microsoft’s Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) technology for TruGrid’s simple and secure workplace, hosted in Microsoft Azure. This agreement will give a client straightforward yet secure access solutions to do business in digital world. The RDP license allows the companies that are creating an implementation of the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) set to license the Intellectual Property Rights they need from Microsoft by signing the RDP client license. Non-windows thin client devices and non-windows based client software are the products that might need these rights to interact with Windows Remote Desktop Servers (Sessions or VM based).
TruGrid includes fully integrated security and cloud scalability and it simplifies corporate-wide access to Enterprise workplaces that are based on Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (RDS). Micky Minhas, head of Microsoft Technology Licensing said that the licensing agreement with TruGrid can help partners around the world to meet the evolving needs of their customers in the cloud. The partners who are involved in developing variety of different solutions including non-windows thin client services and third party collaboration software that consumes RDP system will ultimately get the benefit from the Remote Desktop Protocol Licensing Agreement.
RDP implementer are required to obtain a patent license for RDP from Microsoft to use the RDP 8 feature set. Microsoft under a fixed fee agreement made it easier to obtain required patent license to use the RDP 8 feature set to interact with the appropriately licensed Windows Remote Desktop clients and servers. Peter Ayedun, CEO of TruGrid said, “The agreement will enhance Microsoft RDP and enables TruGrid to support and secure millions of simultaneous connections via our integration with the Microsoft Azure Cloud.”
The RDP client license helps the RDP implementer in:
- Providing free documentation support via community forums.
- Free attendance at the protocol PlugFest events where attendees get a chance to meet the Microsoft engineers directly and receive presentations about any specific area of protocol technology.
- Getting access to Network Analyzer tool which helps a protocol analyzer can capture, view and analyze network traffic.
- Test suites: Microsoft has begun releasing test for different protocols and will continue to roll them out over time.
- RDP license enables the RDP implementer to get access to :-
- RDP 7.1 reference sources
- RDP 8 progressive codec and clear codec reference sources